When you play DVDs, copy DVDs, ripping DVDs to AVI/MP4/WMV/iPad, you may meet below problems:
- You can’t play DVDs on your DVD player if your player is not matching for the protected DVDs.
- The DVDs have 99 or more titles.
- The size of the DVDs displayed as exaggerated big, larger than 10GB, some even displays 50GB, 246GB. But as we know the D9 DVDs are at most 8.5GB.
- The DVDs can not be copied, if you try to copy the DVDs, you computer will tell you “You dont’ have permission to access some of the items“.
- When you copy or rip some new DVDs, it tells you DVD Disc Error, DVD Bad Sector and failed to operate. some times you even can’t amount the DVDs.
Really very disgusted. That means the DVDs are copy protected. Actually most commercial DVDs have protections. The copy protections are classified to below types;
- DVD Region Code Enhanced (RCE).
Certain DVD players only support DVDs of its region, eg, region 1 DVD plays only play DVDs of region 1, it can’t play DVDs of region 2/3/4. For more region information, please go to our another article DVD Regions .
- Disney DVD Copy Protection.
Fake titles or data. This is very common operation that DVD producer usually use, when publishing the DVD, they add many fake data or titles, so the DVDs you got seems to be 99 titles or more, the size are larger than 10GB. When using DVD ripping or DVD copying software, you found there are many titles have same duration, the longest titles are not the real title at all. Sometimes you seems to copy or rip the DVDs successfully, but when playback the ripped files/burned dvd, the content are not in order.
- Sony ARccOS DVD protection .
This protection usually add many “bad sectors” in the DVD, so if you make DVD copies or rip DVDs to other formats, you may got errors, “Bad secores, the DVD may be scratched.”
- User operation prohibition (UOP)
- Commercial DVD CSS encryption.
This copy protections are fixed by most DVD Copy/DVD Ripping softwares, we don’t say much about it here.
With above copy protections, you can’t make DVD backups or rip DVDs for you iPad/iPhone/Kindle Fire/Apple TV/mp4 or other format to protect original DVDs from any scratch or damages. If you need so, you need DVD decrypte files to fix these protections, then use DVD Copy/DVD Ripping softwares to rip or copy DVDs. By now, the useful DVD decrypters are DVD 43, AnyDVD, but even them can’t fixed the newest DVDs like Mission Impossible 4 , A thousand Words .
However, you don’t need to worry about this, our softwares fixed the above copy protections automatically, you even don’t need other DVD decrypters.
To rip DVDs to iPad/iPhone/Kindle Fire/Apple TV/PS3/AVI/MP4 or other formats, just use Longo DVD Ripper(Mac users just use Longo Mac DVD Ripper), it can auto decrypte DVD protections, and list the real titles, you can directly choose the longest title(the main movie) in the list to rip to get the main content.